The University of Minnesota men’s basketball team raced to a 12-0 lead and never looked back in beating Toledo 82-56 last night at Williams Arena. The Golden Gophers used a smothering defense to hold the Rockets to 22-percent first half shooting. Minnesota led 48-22 at halftime and extended the lead to 32-points at one point in the second half. Sophomore Joe Coleman of Minneapolis scored 15 points to lead the way, while junior Austin Hollins chipped in with 13 points. Senior Rodney Williams had 12 points and a team-high eight rebounds. The Gophers are now 2-and-0 on the season and will host Tennessee State on Thursday night.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today