A Mankato man accused of selling his home to 2 different people will serve 5 years of probation for the crime. 44-year-old Douglas James Holmgren pleaded guilty to felony theft by swindle in Blue Earth County Court after selling his Lime Valley Court trailer twice to different people. Another theft charge was dismissed in exchange for the guilty plea. Holmgren has over 40 criminal offenses on his record, dating back to 1988, including around 30 incidents of theft and check fraud. For this latest crime a 26-month prison sentence was stayed for the length of Holmgren’s probation, and he was ordered to pay $5,000 in restitution.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today