The founder of Sleepy Eye’s Christensen Farms has died of an apparent heart attack while hunting with his son and friends in Missouri over the weekend. 51-year-old Bob Christensen was a 1980 graduate of Sleepy Eye High School. He and his brother Lynn began one of the nation’s largest pork production companies in 1974 when a neighbor gave them two bred gilts. Christensen died Saturday. His funeral is Thursday at 11am at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in New Ulm. Arrangements are with the Minnesota Valley Funeral Home.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today