Officials are asking a judge to terminate the parental rights of a rural North Mankato couple accused of starving one of their four children. In documents filed this week, Nicollet County social services officials say the 8-year-old boy suffered egregious harm and it is not the best interest of any child to be under the care of Russell and Mona Hauer. The Hauers are each charged with six felonies, including neglect. Their attorney says they’ll fight the charges and the petition to have their parental rights terminated. A judge has allowed the boy’s three siblings to return to home, after they were removed for almost two weeks. Meanwhile, the boy that was allegedly abused was released from the hospital Wednesday and is now in foster care.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!