The Redwood Falls City Council on Tuesday upheld a decision to terminate the employment of the CEO of the Redwood Area Hospital. James Schulte was accused of “double-dipping” on travel expenses on several occasions by being reimbursed by both the city and a private company he was also working for. He pleaded guilty to gross misdemeanor theft in September and was ordered to pay $2,800 in restitution. The Redwood Falls City Council voted to terminate Schulte as hospital CEO in early August, and revisited that decision during a closed session on Tuesday. Following that session, the council announced that Schulte’s actions and subsequent guilty plea constituted just cause for the termination due to “dishonesty, misconduct and failure to observe laws or regulations.” The decision was unanimous.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year