The Cedar Mountain School District continues to deal with the after-effects of a lightning strike at the high school in Morgan in late August. The August 22nd bolt initially knocked out internet service to the building, causing an interruption in student tests, but since that time numerous other issues attributed to the lightning strike have surfaced. There have been problems with the school’s scoreboard, library book scanners, SMART Board projectors, door card readers, fire alarms, bus radio receivers, the school bell system, and other electrical issues. The majority of these problems have been fixed in recent weeks, although some new issues continue to surface. The insurance policy covering the damage is being left open for a year as a precaution.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today