The Brown County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday presented “Citizen Achievement” certificates to 2 men credited with rescuing a man from a burning vehicle Sunday. Nick Rients of rural Comfrey and Stetson Shoen of Springfield were working in nearby fields when the accident occurred near Comfrey Sunday afternoon. 74-year-old Lance F. Johnson of Wymore, Nebraska lost control of his Mercury Villager van and it went into the ditch and began to burn. Rients and Shoen attempted to extinguish the flames before freeing Johnson from the vehicle by cutting his seatbelt and moving him to a safe location. He was in Serious condition as of Tuesday. The presentation of the “Citizen Achievement” certificates took place at the scene of the accident Tuesday morning.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today