The court hearing of a 72-year-old school bus driver accused of slapping a 6-year-old boy was canceled Tuesday. Blue Earth Area school bus driver Jane Elizabeth Brooks faces a misdemeanor 5th-degree assault charge for allegedly slapping the boy. The child had reportedly been hitting a smaller child and refused to move seats. When Brooks physically moved him, he apparently began kicking the children across the aisle, and a short time later began to spit on the children behind him. When he was told not to spit, he did it again and Brooks slapped him across the face. She faces up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine. Her arraignment Tuesday was canceled, but a pretrial hearing was scheduled for October 15th.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today