Farmers in 15 Minnesota counties affected by record rainfall and flooding in June can now apply for state flood assistance. Sibley County is among those 15 counties. The Minnesota Department of Agriculture’s Michael Schommer says that the idea is to provide assistance to farmers to help them recover from the impact of those storms. Covered losses include feed & forage damage, damages to buildings and other ag-related structures, damage to ag equipment, and damage to crops. He says that MDA officials cannot estimate the level of reimbursement at this time due to limited funds and uncertainty about the number of applications. Applications are due by October 24th, and can be found on the MDA’s website at www.mda.state.mn.us. The funds are expected to be delivered in January.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today