The Sleepy Eye City Council is scheduled to set the city’s preliminary property tax levy and city budget for 2013 this (TUE) evening. The proposed levy is a 1.9% increase over this year, and includes $25,000 for 2012 Street and Utility bonds. The proposed budget for Sleepy Eye for 2013 of over $3.4-million is an around $86,000 increase over 2012. In other business, the Sleepy Eye City Council will receive an update on the city’s Snow Farm Project, and will consider bids to remove a home on West Main Street next to the Freedom Valu-Center. Tonight’s meeting starts at 7pm in the Sleepy Eye Council Chambers.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today