Sibley County Flood Aid 07 Sep 12

Residents of Sibley County whose homes were damaged by flooding in June can now apply for help from the state. The recent special session of the Minnesota Legislature approved money for disaster relief, and included Sibley County. Minnesota Valley Action Council is administering the state aid program. There are no income eligibility requirements, but the homeowner must have insurance that was either denied or not enough to cover damages. There is a $30,000 limit per-residence on the state money, and it does not need to be repaid if the owner has lived in the home for at least 10 years. The program will cover already-incurred costs, but the money can not be used for upgrades. For more information on the Quick Start Disaster Recovery Program call (507)345-6822 .