The first of several “roundabouts” being constructed in the City of Mankato opens to motorists today (WED). The new roundabout is located at the intersection of Stadium Road and Victory Drive in Mankato. Officials say that roundabouts can handle high levels of traffic with less delay than most stop signs or signals. The tight curves slow traffic so entering and exiting are easier and more efficient as well. Roundabouts have shown a 39% decrease in all crashes and an 89% decrease in fatal crashes. Another Mankato roundabout is scheduled to open later this fall at Highway 14 and Blue Earth County Road 12, and New Ulm’s new roundabout on Highway 14 on the west edge of town opens next month.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today