As students go back to school across Minnesota, for some families it puts quite a dent in the pocketbook. The 2012 Huntington Backpack Index shows that parents will be spending 3-6% more this school year then they did just two years ago. For elementary students the cost went from $530 to $548. Middle-schoolers went from $684 to $724, and the cost for high schoolers went from $1,093 dollars to $1,117 dollars. These numbers include a variety of costs including school supplies, musical instrument rental fees, and extra-curricular activity fees.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!