A man accused of assaulting an Owatonna man with a tire iron and leaving him for dead was sentenced to extra jail time for a previous incident of assault in Blue Earth County Court on Monday. 23-year-old Dustin Lee Murilla was arrested in July for the assault of the Owatonna man in Blue Earth County’s South Bend Township, less than a month after he had been released from jail after agreeing to a plea deal for a previous assault. He was sentenced to a year in jail on Monday for beating a man and stealing his cell phone in late April. He is not expected to be released from jail before the latest charges are settled either. He is facing attempted murder charges for the incident with the Owatonna man, and his bail has been set at $250,000. Murilla had previously served a 27-month prison sentence for a drive-by shooting in New Ulm’s North German Park in 2009 as well.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today