Nursing Home Death 22 Aug 12

The investigation into the death of a nursing home resident in Arlington last year has been completed. Authorities have determined that the Good Samaritan Society resident was mistakenly left unattended in his bathroom before he fell and broke his hip while trying to walk back to bed. The man died soon after. The Department of Health has cited a nurse at the facility for giving the resident his call light and leaving him on the toilet. Another staff member later entered the room and saw the resident fall as he was heading back to bed. The investigative report did note that the man had a history of falling, and often used a wheelchair.