A trial date has been set for a Hanska man accused of assaulting, kidnapping and threatening his former girlfriend. 29-year-old Brandon Hall held Mankato police at bay inside his ex-girlfriend’s apartment for about a half-hour while babysitting the woman’s 2-year-old daughter in late July. He had been placed on Mankato’s Most Wanted list after failing to appear at a court hearing for allegedly holding a knife to the woman’s throat when she broke up with him earlier in July. The standoff with police happened after authorities received an anonymous tip. Hall now faces four criminal charges, including felony kidnapping and terroristic threats. During his court hearing on Monday, Hall’s public defender did confirm there had been talks to settle the case, but no resolution at this time. His trial is scheduled to start in November if no plea deal is reached.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants
- Wolves Reach Agreement in Principle with Rick Adelman as Team’s Next Head Coach