A Gustavus Adolphus College student is among 3 people in critical condition after a head-on crash on Highway 5 near Lake Elmo Tuesday night. The State Patrol says 46-year-old Jon Wentz of Saint Paul was traveling west in the eastbound lane of Highway 5 when he collided with a car driven by 20-year-old Mara Sobczak of Stillwater. She is a goalie on the Gustavus Womens Hockey team. Both drivers, and 15-year-old Kalley Sobczak were taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul with serious injuries. It is unknown at this time whether Wentz had alcohol in his system at the time of the crash.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!