Firefighters from Mankato responded to a grass fire along Highway 14 Monday night. The grass fire between Highways 14 and 169 on the east side of the Minnesota River was reported at around 7:30pm Monday. Fire crews spent about 2 hours battling the blaze, which reportedly covered an area approximately 1,000×100 feet at times. Eastbound traffic on Highway 14 was backed up onto the nearby bridge for a time as well as fire trucks and other emergency vehicles blocked a lane of traffic while the brush fire burned in several spots. No injuries were reported.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today