Charges are pending against a teenage girl in Sleepy Eye that allegedly stole a car and led police on a high-speed car chase through the town Monday afternoon. The 1999 Pontiac Grand Am belonging to Jeff Zinniel was reported stolen Monday morning, and the vehicle was spotted at around 2pm. Following a brief chase that included the stolen car striking several other vehicles and that ended on the railroad tracks on First Avenue North the juvenile was taken into custody. She was taken to the Brown County Evaluation Center after being found to be intoxicated, but she then escaped from the facility, leading to a 4-hour long search. She was taken back into custody, and faces multiple charges.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!