Attempted murder charges were filed in Redwood County Court on Tuesday stemming from a stabbing incident in Redwood Falls early Sunday morning in which 5 people were arrested. 47-year-old Ricky Scott Kleinsasser of Redwood Falls was reportedly sitting in his backyard on East Meadow Lane when the stabbing occurred. He had apparently invited 3 men he had just met to join him, when later in the evening one of them allegedly pulled out a knife and held it to Kleinsasser’s throat. There was a struggle and Kleinsasser was stabbed twice in the shoulder before he was able to escape and call 911. A motive for the stabbing is still unclear. Police arrived on the scene at about 2am and took 5 people into custody, including 18-year-old Harley Dean Stands of Cranden, Wisconsin and a juvenile. Stands was charged with attempted murder and assault in court on Tuesday for the incident. Other possible charges against the other suspects are pending.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today