Milk production remained unchanged in Minnesota last month, with the state’s output at 786-million pounds in May. The bulk of the 23 major milk-producing states in the nation showed gains in milk production in May, including in Wisconsin, where dairy producers increased their output by 2%, to 2.3-billion pounds of milk. That’s an improvement of 54-million pounds over the same month last year. California remains the nation’s leader, with 3.7-billion pounds of milk harvested last month. Wisconsin is still in second place, producing about as much as the next two states combined. Overall, the nation produced 16.4-billion pounds of milk last month, a 2% gain.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today