A 27-year-old Mankato man is dead following a collision between his pickup truck and a semi in Waseca County Thursday morning. It happened at just after 6:30am on Elysian Lake Road. The 2003 Chevy Silverado pickup truck driven by Cody Flitter was travelling southbound when it crossed the centerline and hit the 1990 Peterbilt semi, which was partially on the northbound shoulder at the time. Both vehicles were totaled in the crash. Flitter was pronounced dead at the scene and the driver of the semi, 55-year-old Timothy Little of Faribault was taken to the Mankato Mayo Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The State Patrol continues to investigate the crash. The Waseca and Le Sueur County Sheriff’s Offices and the Janesville Fire Department assisted at the scene.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!