A New Ulm Cathedral graduate flew across the country on Friday to take part in the “Minnesota Air Spectacular” air show in Mankato this weekend. David Franta is a US Marine currently training to fly F-18 jets, the same aircraft flown by the world-famous Blue Angels. He was flying into Mankato Friday evening. His father, Jeff Franta says it was a stroke of luck that brought David back to the area. His flight instructor reportedly asked him to fly to Mankato for the air show as part of his training, not realizing that Franta was from the local area. Franta was flying a T-45 Goshawk training jet into Mankato. That aircraft will then be on display throughout the Mankato air show, which takes place today (SAT) and Sunday at the Mankato Regional Airport beginning at 11am both days.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today