(Chicago, IL) — The Twins have released struggling starting pitcher Jason Marquis [[ mar-KEE ]] and called up a local product to take his spot. Marquis gave up eight runs in less than two innings in Sunday’s loss to the Brewers. He was just 2-and-4 this season with an 8.47 earned run average. Marquis signed a one-year, $3-million contract in the offseason. The Twins have called up Eden Prarie native Cole DeVries from Triple-A Rochester. The former Golden Gophers pitcher was 1-and-4 with a 4.24 ERA in eight starts with the Red Wings this year. He will wear jersey number-38.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM