The 2012 New Ulm Tourism Person of the Year award was presented to Opal Dewanz on Thursday. Dewanz worked at the historic Harkin Store for 27 years, is a member of the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame, and volunteers for Brown County Historical Society activities. She says she likes working in the tourism industry because of the people you meet, and for the opportunity to talk about the area’s great attractions. Dewanz was presented the Tourism Person Of The Year award during the New Ulm Chamber of Commerce Tourism Showcase at the Holiday Inn, which featured more than a dozen local-area tourist attractions. Past winners of the Tourism award include Leo Berg, Don Weigel, and Ted and Jodi Marti.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year