A long-time tourist destination among the downtown New Ulm businesses began a “Going Out Of Business Sale” Monday. Owner Nancy Kokesch is closing the Country Loft and Doll Haus after 30 years in business. She says the store will be open regular hours with a 40% sale on all products until all the merchandise is sold. Kokesch says that the decision to close the business was not due to financial distress, but rather to allow her to pursue a life focused on volunteer work. She also plans to do business consulting work. One of her specialty products at the Country Loft, GnomeMade Fudge, has been sold to another local business which will own the trademark and recipes.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- More Soldiers Coming Home
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants