Minnesota Valley Lutheran High School Senior Phil Biedenbender has been named a National Merit Scholar. About 16,000 seniors in the United States, or less than 1% of the nation’s top academic achievers, make it to the semi-finals of the prestigious competition. Of those, about 15,000 make it to the finals, after completing additional rigorous requirements. And then about 2,500 of the Finalists go on to become National Merit Scholars, including Biedenbender He is one of 47 National Merit Scholars in Minnesota. We’ll learn more about MVL’s Phil Biedenbender this Wednesday as part of the KNUJ Senior Honor Student Interviews.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today