A 24-year-old Morton man has been sentenced to a year in jail and 10 years on probation after pleading guilty to 4th-degree criminal sexual conduct involving a mentally impaired person. Two additional criminal sexual conduct charges against Dennis Lee Whipple were dismissed in exchange for the guilty plea. Whipple was also ordered to register as a predatory offender, and may have no contact with the victim. He will be granted work release from jail, and may be released early with good behavior as well. A 10-year prison sentence was stayed for the length of his supervised probation.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today