A grand jury has indicted a 24-year-old Montevideo man on 1st-degree murder charges for the stabbing death of a female co-worker outside a Montevideo restaurant last winter. Darek Nelson is accused of killing 18-year-old Vinnesa Lozano of Montevideo outside the Pizza Ranch restaurant on January 13th. Authorities say he was upset at the time because Lozano did not have feelings for him. Nelson is also charged with using a dangerous weapon to assault a witness who reportedly tried to come to Lozano’s aid. The witness survived the attack. Nelson remains in custody and is being held on $1-million bail. With the grand jury indictment he now faces the possibility of serving the rest of his life in prison.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today