Thousands of people are heading to Waconia this weekend for the 64th annual Governor’s Fishing Opener. Explore Minnesota Tourism Director John Edman says the sport is a big part of Minnesota, generating around $2.5-billion annually. More than 500,000 Minnesotans will be fishing this weekend for the opener. Edman says fishing also supports more than 43,000 jobs in the state. The Governor’s Fishing Opener Community Picnic takes place from 4 to 8:30pm today (FRI) at City Square Park in Waconia. KNUJ will again bring you comprehensive coverage of the Fishing Opener throughout the weekend, beginning this afternoon.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today