The New Ulm District 88 School Board on Thursday approved a resolution placing 5 teachers on partial unrequested leaves of absence. The reductions are reportedly the last of a series of budget cuts this year as District 88 trimmed over a million dollars. Superintendent Harold Remme says that recent fundraising donations had already been taken into account. The recent Eagles Extravaganza Friends of ISD 88 event raised a total of $18,500 dollars. The group has raised over $31,000 in recent months to help District 88 maintain class sizes and support extracurricular activities. In other business Thursday, the New Ulm School Board heard a lengthy report on federally-mandated changes in the district’s food service program next school year that will likely lead to a 10-cent increase in daily lunch prices.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- MBW company named Employee Owned Company of the Year