A Hutchinson woman was charged with multiple felonies on Friday after allegedly attempting to kill her 5-month-old son. 24-year-old Katie Elaine Lewis faces child endangerment and assault charges, as well as domestic assault by strangulation for the incident, which took place on Wednesday at Children’s Hospital in St. Paul. Lewis had brought her infant into the hospital the previous day for tests, and hospital workers found nothing wrong with him. Staff became suspicious when Lewis insisted that her infant had stopped breathing and turned blue, and at around 5:30pm Wednesday, a staffer witnessed Lewis pinching her infant’s nose while covering his mouth. The actions were caught on video at the hospital. Hospital staff stopped the assault, and the infant is in good condition in a secure location. Lewis reportedly admitted to police that she did the same thing at another hospital last month as well.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today