The Sleepy Eye City Council on Tuesday unanimously approved a $10,000 loan towards a proposed Veterans Park project, and approved the design of the park. The proposal calls for building a Main Street park commemorating military veterans with a large, lighted US flag in the middle of a five-pointed star with five military service flags. Paverstones angled toward Main Street would surround the star, which would be surrounded by a grassy area. A garden area is being designed for the north side of the park as well. Retired Sleepy Eye City Councilor Harold Windschitl is helping spearhead the project.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today