The Sibley County Board will be re-addressing a proposal to bring high-speed internet access to rural and urban areas of the county during it’s meeting next week. The board had tabled a vote on whether to support the Renville-Sibley Fiber Project during a meeting in late March in order for more communities and citizens to pledge their support for the $70-million project. The board wanted commitments from at least half of the affected households, and earlier this week that threshold was reportedly reached. Several communities in Renville and Sibley Counties have pledged to support the project, along with the Renville County Board. The City of Arlington has opted out of the project. The Sibley County Board is now scheduled to vote on whether the county will participate during it’s meeting this coming Tuesday in Gaylord.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today