A Level 3 Sex Offender is moving to the City of Belle Plaine, and a Community Notification Meeting is being held later this week. 22-year-old Andrew Charles Haefner will begin residing in Belle Plaine next Monday, April 16th. He has a history of engaging in sexual contact with teenage girls. He was sentenced to 18 months in prison after being convicted of 4th-degree criminal sexual conduct in Scott County in 2010. The Community Notification Meeting regarding Haefner will be held on Thursday at 6:30pm at Chatfield Elementary School in Belle Plaine. Representatives from the Department of Corrections, the Scott County Attorney’s Office and the Belle Plaine Police Department will be on hand to provide information on public safety. Officials remind the public that Haefner is not wanted by the police and has served the sentence imposed on him by the court. Level 3 Predatory Offenders are those considered the most likely to re-offend.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today