The Gustavus softball team has made a habit out of winning close games as of late, and Sunday’s doubleheader against Carleton was no different. Trailing 5-0 after the top of the first inning of game one, Gustavus responded with seven unanswered runs to take the series-opener 7-5. In what was a pitching duel in the nightcap, the Gusties scored the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning to win the game 2-1 and pick up the series sweep. After the scare, Gustavus remains atop the league standings alongside St. Thomas at 15-1 in the MIAC and 23-7 overall. Carleton falls to 5-11 in the MIAC and 6-25 overall.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today