A late-night fire at an MSU-Mankato frat house on Tuesday has been deemed suspicious in nature. Authorities responded to the fire call at the Phi Kappa Psi house on Lincoln Street in Mankato at just after 2:30 Tuesday morning. Six people were in the home at the time, and were able to extinguish the flames on the front porch without any injuries. Damages have been estimated at $3,000, and investigators say that the cause of the fire is suspicious. No ignition source has been discovered at this time. An investigation continues, and anyone with information is asked to call (507)387-8577.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- New Miss New Ulm
- Veterans Eligible for Tax Credits
- St. James couple facing drug charges
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Scott County Fair
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones