A Springfield High School science teacher has been presented an award honoring teaching excellence. Amanda Meyer is the recipient of the 2012 Medtronic Foundation Science Teaching Award from the Minnesota Science Teachers Association. The award includes $1,000 to be used for classroom activities. Meyer plans to use the money to start a collaboration between her ecology class and fifth-grade science students. The ecology students will act as elementary student mentors during outdoor education opportunities.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today