A 19-year-old from Sleepy Eye faces felony charges after items stolen from several motor vehicles throughout Sleepy Eye were allegedly discovered in his car. Steven Robert Schroepfer was caught after reportedly selling a stolen tool belt for $5. He later told police that he needed money for gas and cigarettes. A search of his vehicle turned up stolen items such as phone chargers, an iPod, GPS units, a satellite radio, and numerous tools, as well as a bag full of pills and a bag of synthetic marijuana. He has been charged with felony theft and receiving stolen property along with misdemeanor possession of synthetic cannabinoids.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!