A man who led authorities on a car chase over the weekend that involved law enforcement agencies from 3 counties is in custody after being subdued by a tazer. James Eiring Allen was being sought on charges related to a domestic abuse incident in Carver County when he was spotted by a McLeod County deputy. When the deputy attempted to stop Allen’s vehicle a pursuit began. Renville County deputies were called in for assistance, and the chase ended in Sibley County when Allen allegedly exited the vehicle and pulled out a knife. He allegedly disobeyed officers’ commands and was tazed, and was then taken into custody without further incident. He remains in the Renville County Jail with charges pending. Police officers from Brownton, Buffalo Lake and Hector assisted McLeod, Renville and Sibley County deputies.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM