The City of Sleepy Eye is cleaning up after a water main break occurred in the city’s power plant Thursday. Water was being pumped out of the building after the break caused a floor to buckle as 38 inches of water filled the area. The water pressure caused freezers and a fridge in the nearby Food Shelf space to be knocked over. Several departments are housed in the building. Along with the damage affecting the food shelf, the Sleepy Eye Park and Rec Department, electric department and the city’s garage that holds ambulances and fire vehicles had to be moved. The damages are being assessed by Sleepy Eye’s insurance company.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today