The Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial School Board has narrowed down it’s pool of potential superintendents to 3 finalists. Current Lake Crystal Superintendent Les Norman is retiring on June 30th after 12 years with the district. A total of 25 applications were initially received for the position, with that number first being narrowed down to 6 semi-finalists last week. Those semi-finalists were then interviewed by the school board, and 3 finalists were chosen. They are: Jordan Elementary Principal Stacy DeCorsey, BOLD Superintendent Tom Farrell, and MACCRAY Superintendent Greg Schmidt. Interviews with these finalists will now take place next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday beginning at 4pm each day in the Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial Secondary School Media Center. District residents are being encouraged to attend these interviews to meet the candidates and ask questions. A decision on the district’s next superintendent is expected to be announced during the March 19th school board meeting.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- New Miss New Ulm
- Veterans Eligible for Tax Credits
- St. James couple facing drug charges
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- More Soldiers Coming Home