A 29-year-old Ceylon man now faces a 2nd-degree murder charge for a home invasion killing in Blue Earth earlier this week. Officials say the brutal home invasion was carried out by jealous husband Brian Daniel Freeman, who used a hammer to assault his wife and another man while they were in bed and then attacked his wife’s two teenage daughters. Freeman was charged with 1 count of murder and multiple counts of attempted murder in court Wednesday for the attack that killed 37-year-old Christopher Michael Fulmer of Blue Earth. Freeman’s wife, 38-year-old Candice Marie Freeman, and the two teens suffered life threatening injuries. Freeman allegedly wore a mask and hit his victims multiple times in the head with a hammer early Monday morning. After the attack, he allegedly called 911 and then left. His bail was set at $2-million in court today Wednesday, and he’s due back in court on March 5th.
- Mankato water flouride levels too high
- Beam Me into a Suite, Scotty! – Photos and Story by Gordy Jones
- Formal charges filed in prostitution sting
- Police warn of area scams
- Teenage suspect in drug fueled stabbing makes first appearance
- Gustavus arboretum recognized
- Hicks Has Arrived! – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- Exhibit in Mankato will show 50 years of Viking’s training camp
- Jack Link’s Beef Jerky settles sexual harassment lawsuit
- Thursday Results
- Half dozen more arrested in prostitution ring
- Mankato Child Porn Sentencing
- Justin’s Casino Night Should Be a Full House!
- Smile Makers!
- Twins Serve the Fans – Stories and Photos by Gordy Jones
- More Soldiers Coming Home
- Two people die in crash on Highway 169
- Authorities seeking help in finding missing Kasota man
- Morning News October 12
- Art Groups Awarded Grants