The Brown County Board on Tuesday unanimously approved a proposal to expand the Veterans Memorial at the Brown County Courthouse in New Ulm. The plan calls for adding a total of 12 granite tablets to the memorial, which will provide the space for an additional 1,632 names. The project will be funded entirely by the Brown County Veterans Council via fund-raising efforts, and will not have any financial impact on Brown County. Funds continue to be raised, and a project completion date has not yet been set. The existing Brown County Veterans Memorial was dedicated in November of 1999, and is running out of space for additional names.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!