• Temple Nelson

    84 year old Frances Temple Nelson of New Ulm died Thursday, January 26, at the Sleepy Eye Care Center. Funeral service will be 11am Tuesday, January 31, at St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church in New …

    Keep Reading >>

    30 Jan 12
  • James Edward Duscher

    James Edward Duscher, 88, of Sleepy Eye, MN died on Saturday, January 28, 2012 at Divine Providence Community Home in Sleepy Eye, MN. Visitation will be at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Sleepy Eye, MN …

    Keep Reading >>

    30 Jan 12
  • Bloodmobile

    National Blood Donor Month wraps up this week with a few Red Cross Bloodmobile stops around the area. Eligible donors can give the gift of life on Tuesday at the Faith Lutheran Church in Janesville …

    Keep Reading >>

    30 Jan 12
  • SleepyEye

    The last in a series of meetings concerning the possible change to a 4-day school week for the Sleepy Eye School District takes place today (MON) . The cost-cutting idea is being considered for implementation …

    Keep Reading >>

    30 Jan 12
  • LifeLiving2012

    The 36th annual Life Living Series continues this (MON) evening in New Ulm. The second of the series of 3 informational sessions is titled “Loving Myself…Regardless: Nurturing The Treasures Within.” Sisters Kay and Michelle will …

    Keep Reading >>

    30 Jan 12
  • ZebraMussels

    Carver County officials say that starting this spring, all boats entering Lake Minnewashta will be checked for zebra mussels. It’s the first time the state Department of Natural Resources has given a local government authority …

    Keep Reading >>

    30 Jan 12
  • Elfriede Stoesz

    Elfriede Stoesz, age 98 of Mountain Lake, died Thursday, January 26, 2012, at Good Samaritan Village in Mountain Lake. Funeral services will be Monday, January 30, 2012, at 10:00 a.m. at Bethel Mennonite Church in …

    Keep Reading >>

    30 Jan 12
  • Fire

    A fire in Vernon Center that destroyed most of a one-story home is being blamed on a spontaneous chemical combustion. Investigators say the fire began on the back porch of the home after rags used …

    Keep Reading >>

    30 Jan 12