A 37-year-old Madelia man faces a total of 6 counts of criminal sexual conduct over allegations that he molested a young girl multiple times over the course of more than a year. Edward Jacob Ruter is charged with 4 counts of 1st-degree criminal sexual conduct and two 2nd-degree counts over the allegations. The girl told authorities that Ruter had been sexually molesting her since she was 7 years old, and that she had originally reported the abuse while in 6th-grade in 2009, but then denied it occurred. She claims that the abuse got worse after that, with Ruter allegedly molesting her 5 or 6 times per month. The incidents are said to have occurred when the girl’s mother was asleep or at work. Ruter reportedly attempted suicide shortly after he was released from jail on bail for the crimes. He faces the possibility of up to 30 years in prison for each 1st-degree count against him, and 25 years in prison for the 2nd-degree charges.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- Harkin Store opens today