A Missouri woman has been returned to Minnesota to face accusations that she left her newborn baby in some woods to die shortly after giving birth in 2001. 29-year-old Amy Ann Romero was arrested in Missouri after being indicted on 1st-degree murder charges in Sibley County Court. An indictment unsealed Thursday says Romero gave birth to a child identified as Ava Juanita Aune during the early morning hours of April 28th, 2001, and then left the newborn in the area known as Popkey Woods near her home in Henderson later that afternoon. County officials have declined to say how the death of the child nearly 11 years ago came to light recently, but that more will be revealed in future court appearances.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!