New Ulm Turner Hall’s has been awarded a grant by the Carl and Verna Schmidt Foundation to prepare a comprehensive conservation plan for the murals located in the building’s historic Rathskeller. The plan will be developed by the 122-year-old Conrad Schmitt Studios from Milwaukee, who have worked with clients such as the Minnesota and Wisconsin State Capitols, the Walter Library at the University of Minnesota, St. Agnes Church in St. Paul, and the Basilica of the Sacred Heart at the University of Notre Dame. Work at Turner Hall will include surface testing, photographic documentation and evaluation of the condition of each mural. The condition of additional murals located behind wood paneling and the Rathskeller bar will also be investigated.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Truman man denied insurance coverage for Hepatitis C
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!