More than 3 years after getting regulatory approval, construction is nearly complete on 1 of the state’s largest feedlots, and it’s located in Renville County. The Revier Cattle operation will increase it’s number of beef cattle from 4,500 to more than 10,000. Permits for the feedlot in Norfolk Township say it will handle 11 million gallons of manure each year, comparable to a small city. Brothers Tom and Dave Revier have decided to treat the manure, instead of store it, and separate nitrogen and other plant nutrients that can be sold. The Reviers put their plans on hold after the world financial markets erupted in turmoil with the bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers. The delay gave them time to tour operations in Europe and Canada and make revisions to their expansion plan.
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Harkin Store opens today