The Renville County Board on Tuesday agreed to continue to move forward with plans for an ATV park in the Minnesota River Valley. The board voted to allow county staff to apply for federal and state development grants for the project, with Commissioners John Stahl and Ralph Novotny voting against the proposal. The controversial park was proposed by the Minnesota Valley Trail Riders with the support of Sacred Heart Township. The county will now seek $1.3-million in funding for the project, but still has the option of not continuing the process at any point. The project still requires a conditional use permit, and possibly an environmental impact study and public comment period as well. The ATV park would be located near Renville County Road 15 along the Minnesota Valley Scenic Byway.
- Butterfield man in farm accident loses the battle
- Four hurt in McLeod County accident
- Nicollet principal moving to LCWM
- As school year winds down, construction picks up at NUPS
- Investigation reveals deaths in Mankato was a murder-suicide
- Gaylord Medical School makes progress
- Dugs found in system of Mankato woman who drowned
- 3 injured in Glencoe accident
- 2nd Annual Spring into Summer Women’s Expo!
- Nicollet Principal to LCWM